Inkypinky Inks

Create. Dream. Inspire. Love.

Friday, September 19, 2008

White out Santa...



For today's limited supply challenge on Splitcoast, we had to make a card using white as the main colour, along with the following rules:

1. White/Vanilla as main color2. Second color MUST be either black, brown (any shade) or gray3. Add a third color to accent the first two colors4. Use ONLY ink that matches the cardstock colors you have chosen – no extra colors here!5. NO patterned paper or background stamps6. Stamp only ONE image, ONE time, somewhere on the white piece of cardstock. Remember that you are LIMITED to only THREE colors – TOTAL!! No cheating by adding extra colors to a line art image that has to be colored in!7. If you use punches or a Nestabilties-type die, please stamp the image on white or vanilla there as well, keeping your top background layer white/vanilla, too!8. Stamp a sentiment and add to your card (this step is optional) – only use it once9. Embellish as you like (ribbons, brads, Cuttlebug embossing folders)10. NO “distressing” the white cardstock – (that would be sponging!) – we want to keep these layers “clean”.

I chose Bravo burgundy as my accent colour and blk as my neutral. I pulled this "santa collage" stamp from my stash (it's made by the Stampington company) I adore vintage style Santa images! I just got a scor pal and finally got to try out the grid technique, I did that for my white bg panel to add some interest and texture. For the burgundy panel, I used the swiss dots cuttlebug folder on it. I added a bunch of fun ribbons to continue my colour scheme and added white dots with my gel pen, once again inspired by Markie's Mom (Faith). I think the white dots really make this card pop. Finally, I added some bridal confetti flowers in the top left corner. I pinched the edges to make them stand out and layered them giving them a poinsetta look, for the center, I added a big dollap of stickles. The layout for this card was actually this weeks mojo challenge from Julee. I made mine a 5.25X 5.25" card.

Stamps: Santa collage (Stampington Company). CS: Whisper white, basic black and bravo burgundy. Ink: Bravo burgundy. Access: grosgrain ribbon (SU!), organdy and Merry Christmas ribbon (May Arts), white gel pen, bridal confetti (Michaels), score pal, scallop punch and 1 3/8" circle punch, cuttlebug, swiss dots embossing folder, and stickles.

Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend and happy stamping!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home