Inkypinky Inks

Create. Dream. Inspire. Love.

Saturday, September 27, 2008

Domino paint palette inspiration...



I finally inked up my new "inspired by nature" set and new right away it would be perfect for today's inspiration challenge on Splitcoast. We were to gain inspiration from these stunning rooms...this is the one that inspired me the most here









I chose to replicate the colour combo of course and the tree silhouette (I used my flower silhouette), and the tiny addition of yellow (my ribbon and small matting on the base of the card). The bedspread pattern gave me the perfect opportunity to use this image with the grid technique. Ever since I saw this set, I have been wanting to do it with the grid technique.

I combined the inspiration challenge with Beate's weekend sketch challenge, but turned the sketch on it's side to suit my needs better. This was one of those cards that no matter what I did, it didn't look right or I had to keep changing and re-doing things. It seriously took me ALL morning! I was tempted to "wash" my hands of the whole thing but I am too stubborn and was going to make this card work even if it killed me...lol!

I used the grid technique on my white panel, stamped the canvas background in creamy caramel and finger walked to get the "patchy" bg look. Then I stamped the "inspired by nature" set in chocolate chip and the grass lightly in close to cocoa. Then I cut the image into 3 strips and matted each strip with chocolate chip and soft sky cs and adhered the works onto a chocolate chip and Papertrey Ink's lemon tart cs. Then I paper pierced the corners, added the satin dotted lemon tart ribbon and adhered it all onto my soft sky card base. I added my ribbon to my sentiment circles by punching a hole into the circles and pulling my ribbon through, topped off with a dimensional.

Supplies:
stamps: inspired by nature, best yet (hostess set). CS: soft sky, chocolate chip, whisper white (SU!), lemon tart (Papertrey ink). Inks: creamy caramel, chocolate chip, close to cocoa. Access: ribbon (papertrey ink), cropodial, dimensionals, score pal, paper piercer, mat pack.

2 Comments:

  • At 1:44 PM, Blogger leanne said…

    This card is beautiful! I love the grid technique and this was a great time to use it. Great job matching the room too:)

     
  • At 4:44 AM, Blogger Elena said…

    The card is very beautiful! I love how you made it with a grid technique! Very nice layuot! I think you did an amazing job on this challenge!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home