Inkypinky Inks

Create. Dream. Inspire. Love.

Monday, September 29, 2008

Batik coneflowers...



Today's technique challenge on Splitcoast was the batik technique the colourwash way. I have never done this technique before and was quite excited to try it. Complete directions on how to accomplish this technique can be found here.

I used my new "inspired by nature" set for this technique and the colourwash was done using pumpkin pie, old olive and close to cocoa. I added a scrap of Crate dp and then carried on the "polka dots" around my mats using my white gel pen. Some paper piercing in the corners, a "hope" charm and ribbon to finish off the design.

Stamps: Inkspired by nature. CS: old olive, close to cocoa, pumpkin pie, watercolour paper. PP: Crate paper. Inks: versamark, old olive re inker, close to cocoa re inker and pumpkin pie re inker. Access: old olive ribbon, metal charm, clear emboss powder, paper piercer, mat pack, white gel pen, and iron.

This was a fun technique...why not check it out and give it a try...


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home