Inkypinky Inks

Create. Dream. Inspire. Love.

Saturday, October 11, 2008

Frightfully delightful freaky friday challenge #1



Leigh O'Brien issued an awesome challenge on her blog...check out all the deets and prizes and new challenge here. The first challenge is to make a Halloween card using non-Halloween stamps...lol. This one took some thinking, but I finally decided on Gina K's "way to go" set with LAD (Lizzie Anne Designs) "out of this world" alien popping out of the toilet looking for his treats...lol.

I cut a slit in the toilet bowl so that my little alien could pop out, his head is on dimensionals to give some dimension to the main image. I LOVE this paper from Making Memories "spellbound" line. The sentiment is from Papertrey ink's "spooky sweets" set and I added it onto the oval punches and then weaved the ribbon through it. The ovals are on dimensionals as well. I did do some paper piercing in the 4 corners of the card but due to the designs on the paper, it's not really very visible. I left the design fairly clean as I really wanted the main image to be the focal point. I love the way this one came together....how cute is the little alien?! The layout is one I have used before and seems to be my "go to" layout.

Stamps: Way to go! (Gina K), out of this world (LAD), spooky sweets (Papertrey Ink). CS: Basic black, pumpkin pie, whisper white and patterned paper by Making Memories (Spellbound line). Ink: Brilliance graphite black. Access: xacto knife, dimensionals, small and medium oval punches, orange grosgrain ribbon, gingham ribbon, crop-o-dial, Prismacolour pencils, gamsol and stumps.

Hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend and Happy Thanksgiving to all of my fellow Canadian readers!



2 Comments:

  • At 5:45 AM, Blogger wendyp said…

    that is just too cute and funny! Love it!

     
  • At 6:11 PM, Blogger Femin Susan said…

    hi!
    thanks for visiting my blog as well as for your valuable comment.your blog is so cute and lovely. all well arranged and attractive.well keep posting......................
    regards
    Femin Susan

     

Post a Comment

<< Home