Inkypinky Inks

Create. Dream. Inspire. Love.

Saturday, October 25, 2008

Inspiration Saturday...




Today on Splitcoast was the inspiration challenge and there were 3 different bedding displays from JC penny to gather inspiration from. I chose the second image...I loved the bright bold colours, the mix of polka dots, stripes and flowers... wonderfully girly! So, sticking with that theme I went for a super girly card. I finally inked up my "fairy nice" set I traded for months ago :o

I started out by choosing my colours to follow the inspiration piece: pixie pink, pretty in pink, green galore and a wee bit of tempting turquoise (in the patterned paper and her wings). I stamped my fairy onto watercolour paper and using paint brushes painted her in, layering a bit of darker colour in some areas for a bit of shading. I added some barely banana ink around her to really make her pop. Using my 2 way glue pen I also added some glitter around her...a wee bit of pixie dust if you will...lol. The layout is from Wednesday's sketch challenge.

The rest of the card is pretty straight forward I think. The pretty in pink panel was cuttlebugged with the swiss dots folder and the patterned paper is from Imaginisce and the thick plaid ribbon is by Making Memories (I think).
Supplies: Stamps: Fairy nice. CS: gable green, pixie pink, pretty in pink, water colour paper and patterned paper by Imaginisce. Ink: Brilliance graphite black, basic black, Used for watercolouring: pixie pink, pretty in pink, gable green, tempting turquoise, and barely banana). Access: cuttlebug, swiss dots emboss folder, 2 way glue pen, dazzling diamonds, paintbrushes, dimensionals, ticket corner punch, plaid ribbon (Making Memories, I think).
I hope everyone has a great weekend!








1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home