Inkypinky Inks

Create. Dream. Inspire. Love.

Thursday, October 16, 2008

Frightfully delightful freaky Friday challenge #2


For the second freaky Friday challenge Leigh O'Brien asked us to make a non Halloween card using a Halloween stamp. This one took a lot of thought as I did not want to do the same idea that Leigh did by using a "haunted house" image for a welcome or congrats on your new house card. I really wanted to do something different. So finally after much thought I came up with this! A gift card holder for a coffee gift card with a beat up looking Frankenstein for the "rough morning" image...lol. I came across this cool gift card holder tutorial that I had printed off ages ago by Julia Stainton.



I started by stamping Frankie onto watercolour paper and then using my black marker inked up his shirt (minus the words) and stamped it onto my patterned paper and paper pieced his shirt. I coloured Frankie using a paintbrush and ink in the lids of the pads. When I stamped him onto the watercolour paper I masked off the words off of his bag and using my snap stamps I stamped the words "cafe". Using my sewing machine I sewed the edges for the "pocket" for the inside to hold the gift card and then also sewed the scalloped edge onto the front. Added some distress ink on all the papers and added some blue bayou, old olive and reverse side of patterned paper to matt the main image. I inked up the swirl from the Baroque motifs set and added a couple of swirls onto my main patterned paper. The sentiment "Mornings can be rough..." was done on my computer and printed right onto my patterned paper. I added some ribbon and then popped Frankie up onto dimensionals so that he pops off of the card.

For the inside I cut out a little message panel and once again using my computer printed the rest of the sentiment onto the inside "coffee's on me!". I added some coffee beans and distressing onto the cardstock.
I think this turned out really cute and know many friends (including myself) who could totally relate to these sentiments...lol.

Stamps: Best Fiends, baroque motifs and like it a latte. CS: watercolour paper, old olive, blue bayou and patterned papers by Bohemia My Minds Eye. Inks: Brilliance graphite, chocolate chip, walnut stain distress ink (Tim Holtz), basic black marker. Access: slit punch, chocolate chip twill, brown and black ribbon by May Arts, paintbrush, sponge, dimensionals, sewing machine, and computer.

Thanks for checking out my latest!






1 Comments:

  • At 6:41 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Oh wow! This is so creative! Love how you used the frankenstein! Thanks for linking my tutorial as well!

    Julia

     

Post a Comment

<< Home