Inkypinky Inks

Create. Dream. Inspire. Love.

Tuesday, April 07, 2009

Everyday gifts...


I made this card following last week's SFYTT sketch for you to try (from Jen Del Muro). I really want to share with anyone that is taking the Copic journey Suzanne Dean's blog. On the right hand side of her sidebar she has Copic tutorials listed and they are AMAZING! Following her instructions and tips I coloured this sassy little gg (gorjuss girl)! Not perfect by far I am sure but I was sure impressed. She really had a great way of explaining the light source, shadows, etc. So, I really recommend her tutorials.
I started by pulling out my patterned papers, taking my colour combo from there and colouring my image. I distressed all of my papers by sanding and inking the edges and even used my little spritzer tool to add some distressed droplets on the cs. I mounted my gg onto the old bench image from Magnolia, added some blossoms, a button, and the lace edge punch from Martha Stewart. I added a sentiment from "out on a limb" by PTI. The finished card size is 5 1/4" squared.
Stamps: Sitting (gorjuss girls, Sugar Nellie, old bench (Magnolia), sentiment (PTI ~Papertrey Ink). CS: close to cocoa, soft sky, riding hood red, Neenah solar white cs, Basic Grey patterned papers. Ink: Momento. Access: paper distresser, distress ink (walnut stain, Tim Holtz), colour spritzer tool, blossoms, button, hemp thread, glue dots, Copic markers and lace edge punch (Martha Stewart).
Thanks for checking out my latest! It's a beautiful day here and It looks like Spring might finally be here!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home