Inkypinky Inks

Create. Dream. Inspire. Love.

Saturday, May 23, 2009

Little odd forest inspiration...

I finally had some time this morning to take part in the inspiration challenge on Splitcoast. The challenge was to gain inspiration from little odd forest handbags.

I finally narrowed down my choice to this specific bag here. I loved the story book theme and knew I had some scraps of paper that went perfectly with this idea, along with reading flopsey images I received in the PIF forum (pay it forward). Because of the large size of the flopsey image I decided to make my card 5 1/4" squared, and I just happened to have a very cool sketch in my notebook that I found on Tiets blog.

I sanded all the edges of my patterned papers and once adhered down, used my "all in a row" stamp and stamped some stitching around the papers. Keeping in theme with the purse I added some of my number (measuring tape) ribbon onto my clip along with a paper blossom and button. Flopsey is coloured with my Copic markers and then I used some crystal effects for his glasses and also some liquid applique for his tail (it isn't puffed up yet as I am awaiting it to dry before I heat it.

Supplies: Reading Flopsey (My favorite things), all in a row (Stampin' Up). CS: kraft, white, assorted patterned papers (Basic Grey, Rusty Pickle, Bo Bunny). Ink: Momento and basic black. Access: mini clip (Unknown), paper blossom and button (Making Memories), hemp twine, measuring ribbon, Copics, crystal effects, liquid applique, sanding block and glue dot.

Have a stamp happy weekend!

1 Comments:

  • At 1:38 PM, Blogger Patricia Rose said…

    HELLO JEN.... I LOVE YOUR CUTE FLOPSEY CARD... LOVE THE DP'S, BUNNY IMAGE, FAUX STITCHING, LAYOUT....GREAT JOB WITH THE COLOURING..
    WONDERFULLY INSPIRED CARD.
    HUGS
    PAT ROSE

     

Post a Comment

<< Home