Inkypinky Inks

Create. Dream. Inspire. Love.

Friday, May 29, 2009

Plenty of joy...



Today's limited supply challenge on Splitcoast was to use:

**½ sheet of plain cardstock for your card base—no other plain papers…NONE. Not even for mats.**Plenty of patterned paper, decorative paper, flocked paper, glitterized paper, shiny paper, etc. **No coloring supplies…no copics, pencils, markers, crayons, etc.**Please keep embellishments simple.

Wow! what a doozy...lol. It took me a while to figure out what I wanted to do and finally I came up with a Christmas card. I had some scrap My Mind's eye (snowed in) patterned paper and decided to heat emboss peaceful wishes on it in gold emboss powder. (the sentiment is embossed in black). I matted my main image with some gold paper and then used some of the co-ordinating patterned paper for a fun strip along the bottom. I added a nice strip of black velvet ribbon and a poinsetta blossom that I stacked on some additional blossoms. For the punched branches I used some basic grey distressed paper (if you look closely you should be able to see the variations in colour).

Stamps: Peaceful wishes (Stampin' Up!), sentiment (Papertrey Ink). CS: basic black, gold cs and patterned papers by My Minds Eye (snowed in line) and Basic Grey. Ink: versamark. Access: gold emboss powder, heat gun, black emboss powder, velvet ribbon (May Arts), branch punch (Martha Stewart), pearl, blossoms, and dimensional.

Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend and a stamp happy day!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home