Inkypinky Inks

Create. Dream. Inspire. Love.

Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Chasing butterflies...


The colour challenge on Splitcoaststampers today was so saffron, pumpkin pie and bashful blue (CC220). I decided to ink up my new Edwin chasing butterflies stamp by Magnolia and make a card for my sweet nephew.
I picked up this cool patterned paper by Chatterbox during a half price paper sale at my local scrapbook store about a month ago and thought it would tie in well with Edwin's outdoor adventure...lol. This turned out to be a very simple layout and card but for the time it took me to finally accept it and let it be, you would think it was waaay more in depth...ha ha ha. I paper pieced Edwin's shirt with the reverse side of the patterned paper and coloured him with my copics of course. I added a simple scallop border and some punched vellum butterflies for some added interest. Edwin is popped up for some added dimension and a sweet sentiment from A Muse to finish it off.
Even though it's a simple card I like the cheery feel to it.
Supplies:
Stamps: Chasing Edwin (Magnolia), moon sentiment (A Muse). CS: so saffron, pumpkin pie, bashful blue, neenah solar white cs, vellum, Chatterbox patterned paper. Ink: Momento. Access: Copic markers, white gel pen, butterfly punch (Martha Stewart), glue pen, slit punch, and dimensionals.
Thanks as always for checking out my newest and have a stamp happy day!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home