Inkypinky Inks

Create. Dream. Inspire. Love.

Saturday, June 13, 2009

lovely package inspiration...

For today's inspiration challenge Stef found this incredible site of packaging called lovely package. I could seriously spend hours pouring over this site. In fact, I have added it to my favorites!
I actually decided to use the "tasty bone" package as my inspiration. I knew I had some treat bags in my cupboard waiting to be used and I went from there. The bags were white so I just went with it and decided to paper piece kraft cs bones all over the bag to tie in the "kraft" look of the inspiration piece. I stamped the dog walker and dogs, coloured them, paper pieced the lady's skirt and adhered them on to the bottom corner of the bag. I used dimensionals for a few of the pooch's.

I covered a chipboard tag with the same patterned paper as the dog walker's skirt and added a sentiment. Some thick red grosgrain ribbon and a dog bone shaped clip finishes off the treat bag. I didn't have any treats on hand so for the photo I filled it with dog food...ha ha ha! So pretend it's some lovely home-made dog treats.
Stamps: Gone to the dogs, friends fur-ever (My Favorite Things). CS: kraft, neenah solar crest cs, Basic Grey patterned paper. Ink: Momento. Access: treat bag (Papertrey Ink), dimensionals, crop-o-dial, bone clip, grosgrain ribbon, chipboard tag, hemp twine, Copic markers, and sanding files.

And here is who that dog food actually belongs to. This is our new member of our family "Boots". He is 8 1/2 weeks old and a real sweetie! His Mom is shitzu crossed with yorkie terrier and his dad is purebred lhasa apso. Needless to say, my daughter is in puppy heaven...lol.





1 Comments:

  • At 12:55 PM, Blogger Paula said…

    Jen, I love your treat bag! What a great idea for the holidays! I can't wait to try one for my grand puppy! Thanks for sharing!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home