Inkypinky Inks

Create. Dream. Inspire. Love.

Friday, May 04, 2007

Folded paper brag book tutorial


Okay, this is my first ever tutorial so be gentle on me....lol. Once again, this is a project we learned at the Vancouver regionals. This is NOT my design, but sooo darned cute I felt it needed to be shared. So this is my hand at trying to teach it.


Start with a double sided piece of designer paper 12X12. Fold it diagonally so it is a triangle shape. Use your bone folder to get a nice crisp edge.


Then, fold it in half (hotdog style) Vertically.


Next, fold each side up to the center fold (sort of like cupboard doors)


This is how your project should look so far...



Now, you need to fold the edge (vertical) up about 1/4" on both sides so now, your cupboard doors when closed will have a space between them like so:



Now, open your paper up and fold in the corner edges to the first fold line to make little triangles (almost like when you fold a paper airplane)...


Now, fold your "cupboard" doors closed again and they should look like this:



Now flip your paper over and fold up the edge just so the "v" shape is visible (roughly just over 2 3/4" in measurement or so).



Now tuck the opposite side into the flaps of your newly folded side, like so:


Once finished, fold in half and decorate as desired.



These are so sweet and I can't wait to fill them with photo's, gift cards or all sorts of goodies. I hope you enjoyed the tutorial.






































6 Comments:

  • At 4:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    This is a great tutorial, totally made sense! Thanks for sharing!

     
  • At 5:53 AM, Blogger Dawn Easton said…

    For your first tutorial...it was AWESOME....you know...now we will be expecting more from you ;)
    Thanks for sharing this!!!

     
  • At 2:12 PM, Blogger Pattyjo said…

    Thank you so much for the cool tutorial! I am going to try this one for sure!

     
  • At 7:17 AM, Blogger Jenn D said…

    Thanks so much for writing this up and taking the time to show the pictures as well. I will have to give this a try.

     
  • At 5:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Thanks for sharing Jen. I was at Vancouver Regionals, and when I got home and took out my sample, it made no sense at all....lol It was too quick to make the sample and take notes for me.

     
  • At 5:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Thanks for sharing Jen. I was at Vancouver Regionals, and when I got home and looked at my sample, it wasn't making sense. Your tutorial is amazing!!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home