Inkypinky Inks

Create. Dream. Inspire. Love.

Monday, April 02, 2007

Magic Bunny slider card...




I was just playing around today and wanted to re-create a slider card I had made in a stampers 10 group I am in. I decided to play with the "bunny hugs" set. I started with a regular size card base (41/4X 5.5) in close to cocoa and a 4X5 1/4 so saffron panel. I stamped the bunny all over the saffron panel in chocolate chip ink and then watercolored in close to cocoa ink. I colored the bunnies ears with a cameo coral marker. I cut a slit on the so saffron panel 3/4 of an inch in from the bottom and sides and then made the slit 3 3/4 tall by 2 1/2" wide. I then scored a line across the slit 1 1/2" from the top of the slit and another 1 1/2" down from the first score line. Then I stamped a "secret message" on the close to cocoa panel so that when the "tag" is pulled the message is revealed. The tag is 4 3/4 by 2 3/4". I stamped the little basket of eggs and chick near the top so the picture is revealed as well as a message. Adhere the bottom of the tag to the bottom of the slit only. I punched a hole with my horizontal slot punch for some ribbon and added my bunny in a wheel barrel from "the wheel thing" set (retired) and a little scarf around his neck. For the finishing touch, I spritzed the tag and card front with choc chip marker using the spritzer tool. I am very pleased with the outcome of this card. I love this little bunny!

thanks for popping in!!

2 Comments:

  • At 4:30 PM, Blogger Kristine said…

    Awe...Love this little guy!! Your slider is such a fun card to make and I'm sure the recipient will be happily surprised :0)

     
  • At 5:41 PM, Blogger Allison Rankin said…

    What a great composition...nice job!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home