Inkypinky Inks

Create. Dream. Inspire. Love.

Friday, March 30, 2007

Lovely as a tree...



It's been a while since I have posted anything. I have been working on swapp cards for regionals and was trying to get my first workshop going. Unfortunately, the workshop was a flop but hey, there is always next time.

I wanted to make a masculine swapp card because we always need ideas for them manly cards...lol. I also knew I wanted to use lovely as a tree set. I stamped the tree image onto natural ivory cs using my always artichoke marker and choc chip marker. I stamped the sentiment from "it's your birthday" set underneath the main image and then layered some of the words onto corresponding cs to really make the sentiment pop. I ripped the bottom edge to add some texture and then matted the whole thing onto always artichoke cs. I also ripped that edge too. For the base I used really rust stamped with the weathered bg in close to cocoa ink. I added a more mustard panel stamped in artichoke ink using the leaves stamp from the "lovely as a tree" set. For the finishing touch I sponged some additional colour onto the tree. I sponged more mustard and ruby red ink to add a "fall" feel to the card.

Thanks for checking in.

1 Comments:

  • At 2:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I got this card from you at regionals and I loved it! Actually casing it this week for a masculine card class. Thanks :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home