Inkypinky Inks

Create. Dream. Inspire. Love.

Monday, March 19, 2007

Spring Chicken...


Ha ha ha, I don't know what it is about these chickens but I think they are just the cutest!! If you have not checked out the tutorial on these tri-fold cards from Beate on Splitcoast, get your butt in gear and take a peek! They are so easy and so fun to make. I have already designed one to make at my first party and may use this one as a swap card.
I started with sahara sand cs, matted on some designer paper from the spring flowers line. For the main image I stamped the chicken (from "best of cluck" set by SU!) in basic black, drew on the polka dots freehand and water coloured the rest of the image using the tops of the ink pads with a paintbrush. (note to self: remember to order aqua pens on next order...ha ha ha). I matted the chicken on more designer paper and again on so saffron cs. I added a little tag using my everyday flexible phrases set. I tied on some taupe grosgraine ribbon and that finishes her off.
You must check out the tutorial to see how this card opens...such a sweet little card.

3 Comments:

  • At 8:02 AM, Blogger Allison Rankin said…

    Great trifold...love the colors!

     
  • At 12:44 PM, Blogger Amy said…

    I really need to buy that set. I love every card I see with it but haven't bought it. My family would love cards made with it. Great job and I will get my butt in gear and make a card like this. I have read the tutorial but I am glad to hear you say it is easy!

    Have a great week!

     
  • At 3:21 PM, Blogger *Beatriz Jennings* said…

    You make beautiful work!!

    Bety :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home