Inkypinky Inks

Create. Dream. Inspire. Love.

Monday, February 26, 2007

Polka dot Latte...



I finally had some time today to work on some " non-agenda" stamping. I broke out my beloved "like it a latte" set and went to town. I decided to do a latch card and also wanted to use the winter mini designer paper. (Anybody else dying to get their hands on the new Au Chocolate paper from the new Spring mini??). I started with a choc. chip base and then layered pretty in pink, and then a layer of the loves me paper (brown polka dots). For the main image I stamped the cup in choc chip ink, and then stamped the steam in versamark and embossed it with some sparkly emboss powder (don't know if you can see the sparkly steam in the photo or not. I had a hard time getting a good photo tonight). For the whipped cream I used liquid applique and heated it so it went all puffy, and I used the splatter tool with choc chip marker to give a choc sprinkle appearence. I then matted the main image onto choc chip and pretty in pink cs. I used distress ink along the edges of the main image and also along all the edges of the pretty in pink cs, to dirty it up! LOL. For the latch I used more designer paper and added a little heart up on dimensionals for the buckle. I stamped the sentiment in choc chip ink (Nothing's better than a good friend with chocolate). Added a little May Arts ribbon for the final touch and that's all.

I would have to say that this is probably one of my favorite sets...it's just so cute and I was waiting for the "perfect" coffee set to come along and I would say this is it. (funny thing is I don't even like coffee....but hot chocolate works too).

Thanks for stopping in!

2 Comments:

  • At 2:46 AM, Blogger Susie said…

    Adordable card. Love your layout.

     
  • At 6:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Your card is adorable, and I love the colors you picked!!they look great together!!Cheri ;-)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home