Inkypinky Inks

Create. Dream. Inspire. Love.

Thursday, February 08, 2007

Summer blush...



I needed to make an anniversary card for my Aunt and Uncle who are celebrating their 25th wedding anniversary this month. I combined the sketch challenge and colour challenge on Splitcoast and came up with this little number.
To tell ya the truth I am not at all happy with it but, I need to get it into the mail and have no time to re-do it.
I started with a choc chip base, matted a blush blossom panel and clipped the corners with the ticket corner punch and added some brads in the corners. I finally gathered the courage to slice up my Basic Grey blush pp (so yummy, it hurt to make the first cut..lol) and used that for a few of the panels in the sketch, added some brown polka dot sheer ribbon from May Arts. I stamped the blossom from "looks like Spring" once in blush blossom and cool caribbean onto natural ivory cs and cut them out. I punched a blossom out of the blush pp and mounted it into the center with a brad. For the main image, I stamped the "lovers" from the "summer by the sea" set in choc. chip ink onto natural ivory cs and watercoloured the image with a paintbrush and squishing the ink into the lids method. I matted the main image onto choc chip cs and that was it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home