Inkypinky Inks

Create. Dream. Inspire. Love.

Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Elephants on parade...



I whipped this up for the sketch challenge on Splitcoast. As soon as I saw the sketch I thought of elephants across the strip and started thinking about "elephants on parade"...lol. So I stamped the elephants in pretty in pink on whisper white cs, I wanted to add some orange elephants too, so used pumpkin pie ink. At this point I wondered to myself what kind of colour combo could this possibly be. So, I jumped onto the colour combo website. This site is just awesome. I entered the two colours I knew I wanted to use (pretty in pink and pumpkin pie) and then hit search...it came back with those 2 colours, green galore and ballet blue...what do ya know?? those colours rock together!! Soooo... I added a little party hat for the one pink ele in ballet blue and matted the strip onto ballet blue cs. Used a green galore card base and stamped the dotted bg in the matching ink. Added some green gingham ribbon from the dollar store and used a tiny metal rimmed tag from Making Memories. For the tag I stamped "birthday" from everyday flexible phrases in green galore ink and tied it onto the ribbon. For the finishing touch I stamped "happy" from the happy everything set in basic black so it would really stand out.

I hardly ever use bold bright colours and really had fun with this one. Thanks for looking and happy stamping!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home