Inkypinky Inks

Create. Dream. Inspire. Love.

Monday, January 08, 2007

Holly hobby...


Lol, I don't know why but this stamp always reminds me of her...hee hee. Except this girl has a much classier hat than poor Holly Hobby did, ha ha ha! I wanted to do something serene and pretty (I originally tried to do something for the sketch challenge on Splitcoast but, after hours of fiddling with the card and not being happy I had to nix the circle theme). I started with a buckaroo blue base and stamped it with the canvas background in matching ink. I stamped the main image onto the patterned paper, cut out her dress. Stamped her again onto natural ivory cs in basic black ink and then mounted her dress back onto her. I watercoloured the rest of her (using the tops of the ink pads and a paintbrush). I mounted the main image onto true thyme cs, added a spiral clip and some moss gingham ribbon in the corner. I stamped the "dream" sentiment from the "think big" set in artichoke ink onto thyme cs. I mounted a book plate over the sentiment, added some more ribbon and a prima flower blossom for a finishing touch.


I had a hard time with this card. It kept sitting and sitting and just wouldn't come together for me. I must say I am glad I have it finished...and fairly happy with it too =)


Thanks for stopping in!

1 Comments:

  • At 3:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I love this! It's so perfect and sweet! I would love to CASE this sometime - do you mind? I really like how you did her dress. What a great card!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home