Inkypinky Inks

Create. Dream. Inspire. Love.

Thursday, January 04, 2007

Party invitations...





I knew I wanted to make my daughters Birthday invitations using "hip hip hooray", I also knew I wanted to do a pocket card and I wanted to use cool caribbean, more mustard and choc. chip cs. I just had to sit down and let the ideas flow. I now have a finished product! I just need to make...ummmm...how many more?! UGH! lol, just kidding. I will have a few to make but I enjoy this sort of thing..(ask me how much I still enjoy it once I am done making them all...hee hee).


I started by making the pocket card using directions from Splitcoast in the resources section (wonderful tutorial by Beate). Once I had the pocket card made (in cool caribbean) I made the main image by stamping the racoon and beaver in basic black (I used my stamp-a-ma-jig (stamp positioner) to position them holding hands) and used my prismacolour penciles, gamsol and a stump to colour them in. Once again I used the stamp positioner to make the balloons different colours (caribbean, mustard, choc. chip) I added the confetti stamp to stamp the main image background in mustard ink. I cut the main image out and cut around the balloon as if it is popping out of the matting. I distressed the edges using Vandyke brown by Nick Bantock and then matted it onto choc. chip cs. I cut a strip of mustard cs and stamped it using the dotted bg in choc chip ink. I added some choc grosgrain ribbon along the top flap and tied on some orangey-mustard grosgrain ribbon I found cheap at Wal Mart. I stamped the "you're invited" sentiment from "eat cake" set in caribbean ink and mounted it onto choc. chip cs and then raised it onto dimensionals.


For the insert I cut some funky crooked strips of mustard and choc. chip cs (to mimick the invitation details stamp) so it would be visible popping out from the pocket. I stamped the invitation details stamp in caribbean ink onto whisper white cs and mounted over choc chip cs and roughed up both cs edges with my paper distresser. For the bottom of the insert I stamped a border using the gift and cupcake stamp alternating choc chip and caribbean ink. Added some ribbon to the top for a little pull tab and that finished it off.


I cannot believe how much I use my stamp-a-ma-jig. For anyone who is unsure...buy it! I bought mine off with a 40% off coupon from Michaels and it is almost the same as the one by SU! I never would have thought I would use it as much as I do. If you are unsure of how they work there is an awesome tutorial on Splitcoast to give you the hang of it.

Well, off to make some more of these....thanks for looking!

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home