Inkypinky Inks

Create. Dream. Inspire. Love.

Friday, December 15, 2006

Best blossoms...


Who new when I got this set for last years sell-a-bration promo that I would use it soooo much. I really love this set! I find it very versatile. Anyways...on with the show. I whipped this up last night as the inspiration hit and I figured I had better make it while power was still available...lol. I started with a rose red base and then stamped paisley in artichoke onto natural ivory cs (I love that cardstock). I don't know if anyone else finds this but, I find that the paisley bg does seem to need a lot of ink for a nice coverage. Most of my other backgrounds I can ink up with my brayer but this one I find the best coverage is to pat the ink pad directly onto the stamp. I then matted the paisley piece onto artichoke cs. The main image I stamped the trio flower stamp from the best blossoms set onto natural ivory cs in rose red ink and then used my stamp positioner to get the stems into the right spots (stamped in artichoke ink). I distressed the edges using Tim Holtz distress ink (antique linen). I matted the main image onto artichoke and rose red cs, stamped the words "special" and "friend" in artichoke ink (stamps from the everyday flexible phrases set) and raised it using dimensionals. I took the smallest circle tag size from Making memories tag sets and stamped and cut out one of the blossoms. I stamped the word "hope" over the blossom in artichoke. I tied the tag onto some sheer ribbon I picked up at the dollar store.

I made this for an acquaintance at work who is going through a really tough time and wanted to let her know that she is special and she does have someone who will listen to her troubles.

1 Comments:

  • At 1:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    YAY! Your back!!! :)
    Beautiful card....just love it. I just ordered the Paisley BG stamp from my demo, I've been wanting it forever, hopefully it'll be here before xmas! (fingers crossed)
    Have a great weekend! Ü

    Liz K

     

Post a Comment

<< Home