Inkypinky Inks

Create. Dream. Inspire. Love.

Thursday, November 30, 2006

It's starting to look a lot like Christmas.....


Everywhere you go....lol. Wow, lot's of snow here. I love how everything looks blanketed in a white coat of fluffy stuff. Just beautiful!
I started playing with the lovely as a tree set. I have seen so many beautiful samples with this tree used as a Christmas tree in the Splitcoast galleries that I had to try my hand at one. I started by stamping the tree in Old olive ink and used my choc. chip marker to add some brown to the tree trunk to add some depth. I used embossing powder on some of the boughs to make them glittery. (I wish I had some liquid applique, but am still trying to find some around here. I did hear that Michaels has some called "snow writer" so I will have to check it out next time I am down there). I distressed the edges with Van Dyke brown by Nick Bantock distress ink. Matted it on true thyme and cranberry crisp cs and popped it up on dimensionals. The base of the card is true thyme cs stamped with always artichoke ink using the French script background. I love the look of this bg, so elegent! I added a piece of the Christmas designer paper and tied a piece of the stitched grosgrain ribbon and matted that onto cranberry crisp cs. Using my Karen Foster snap stamps I did the sentiment "be merry" and cut it out into the shape of the word window (man! I need to buy that punch soon...lol) and adhered it with a brad.
I am not sure if I like the sentiment and am patiently waiting for my riveting set to see if I can use one of those and get a better look. Thanks for checking out my blog.

1 Comments:

  • At 7:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    WOW, I just found your blog, and I've got to say, it's just beautiful! Your cards are amazing!!! This xmas card is gorgeous, anyone who finds this in their mailbox is lucky....just gorgeous!
    Thanks so much for sharing your talent with all of us!
    Have a great day! Ü
    Liz K

     

Post a Comment

<< Home