Inkypinky Inks

Create. Dream. Inspire. Love.

Saturday, November 18, 2006

Storm of the century??


I think I may have just been involved in it. Seriously, we were hit with a very scary storm and lost power on Wednesday morning. Power was just restored to us early morning today (Saturday). I have never witnessed anything so terrifying winds were up to 110/hr the lowest they got during the storm was 90/hr I believe. Huge, healthy trees were toppled over like toothpicks. Tree's all over the roads and power lines. Power poles snapped off...it was truly scary.

Needless to say, I did not get any cards or anything made during this madness and aftermath. I did finish this card tuesday night but was unable to upload it so, here is something to share.

I used the colour challenge from Splitcoaststampers (elegent eggplant, certainly celery and bordering blue). I pulled out my snowflake spot stamps (I am in love with this set as I am sure you can tell) and seeing spots. I stamped the snowflakes in eggplant and bordering blue and then added the spots using celery. I matted it onto bordering blue cs. The base of the card is eggplant with snowflake stamped in the corresponding ink. Certainly celery cs on the lower half of the card with snowflakes and weathered background (stamped off once) in celery ink. I layered a tiny bit of bordering blue cs peeking up from below the celery cs as a little border and to add some interest. I wrapped vintage violet stitched grosgrain ribbon across the main image and added a bookplate with "Joy" embossed in silver. And, that is all she wrote.

I am trying madly to get my Christmas cards done but, still have a long way to go. Very different colours for Christmas but very pretty I thought!

1 Comments:

  • At 1:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I love this card! Those colors are great together. That's aweful about the power being out for that long!! I'm sure everything must have spoiled in frig and thawed etc.??? Glad you're okay :) Great blog by the way.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home