Inkypinky Inks

Create. Dream. Inspire. Love.

Thursday, November 02, 2006

Here we go...


Well, I have contemplated and wondered about starting a blog. I finally decided to give it a shot. I am seriously about the most computer illiterate person out there so it will be interesting to see where this goes...lol. There are so many stampers that I admire and read their blogs daily that I figured I would try my hand at it. (I bet my Dad is proud...he is the computer genius in the family).

Anyhoo, here is a card I worked on this afternoon. I took part in a challenge on www.splitcoaststampers.com (my favorite website ever!!). I actually combined two of the challenges (the sketch challenge, which you can see here http://http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=191999 and ways to use it challenge, which you can see here http://http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=195706.

I started with bravo burgundy for the base and then mounted Stampin Up's new in colour true thyme. I stamped the tt with French script in bravo burgundy ink and the other side of the cardstock (on the other side of the stamped snowflake image) in always artichoke ink using the snow flurries set from the Holiday mini. I mounted cranberry crisp with the gold cardstock and punched a hole in both pieces to layer the embossed snowflake from the snowflake spot set. (hence the window for the challenge). I used the Basic Grey notch and die cut tool to put in a closure so the layers will stay closed on the card. I finished the card off with some cranberry crisp stitched grosgrain ribbon and a small circle tag. I embossed the edges of the tag with gold embossing powder and mounted a snow flurrie stamped in burgundy on dimensionals.

This is such a fun fold and I know I will be using this one in the future. The measurements for the folds are: the burgundy base layer is 4.25X5.5, true thyme layer is 8.5X4 and scored at 3.25, the cranberry layer is 6X3 and scored at 3".

Well, off to learn more about the world of blogging!

8 Comments:

  • At 7:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Congratulations on starting a blog! Your card is beautiful.

     
  • At 7:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Beautiful Card! Thanks for sharing!

    Welcome to the world of blogging.... I started just over a month ago... http://nancyscreativemess.blogspot.com/

     
  • At 7:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Congrats on starting a blog, I am thinking about starting one as well. This card is gorgeous, as is the photograph of it!!

     
  • At 9:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Love the card and the photo (great candles!). Thanks for linking your blog. I'm addicted to blog reading, and really happy to have one more to read. LOL :-)

    ~Denise

     
  • At 9:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Congrats on your blog! Love this card!

     
  • At 9:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    welcome to blogging! The card is beautiful! I don't know if anyone actually reads my blog but it's fun to write....

     
  • At 9:30 AM, Blogger Southern Girl said…

    That's a beautiful card! I just ordered that stamp set the other and it's supposed to arrive on Monday -- I hope I can turn out something that lovely with it. :)

    Welcome to the world of blogging!

     
  • At 3:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oh Jennifer! You truly do such beautiful work! I am so proud of you! Stamping is a wonderful hobby but you my friend are an Artist! A true Natural at this!
    Cant wait to see what you come up with next!~
    Susan
    PS... you should post your JOY Frame! ; )

     

Post a Comment

<< Home