Inkypinky Inks

Create. Dream. Inspire. Love.

Sunday, December 03, 2006

Hot chocolate in a card??



Could it be true...well, just check out these little beauties...
The sketch of this layout is from the Splitcoast sketch challenge and the idea for the hot chocolate packs came from texasjodylynn I thought her idea was brilliant and a wonderful opportunity to make a fun holiday card for my niece and nephew.

For the reindeer one I started with true thyme cs and used some of the holiday designer paper (i am in love with this paper, I wish I had bought more of it). I matted the designer paper onto bashful blue cs. I stamped the reindeer in basic black and then coloured them with my prisma pencile crayons and gamsol. I had to water colour the little blankets on their backs with cranberry crisp ink and then added some stickles for a little "bling". I matted the reindeer onto cranberry crisp ink and punched the corners to give it the ticket punch look, added some brads in the corners to finish the look. Used my last scrap of stitched gingham (good thing I have more coming in the mail seeing as this ribbon is not in the winter mini!). I added the ties on the card to tie it closed. Hot glued the hot chocolate packet into the card and added some candy cane stickles in the center of the designer paper. Stamp set is Sleigh full of toys.

The second one is a cranberry crisp base with more designer paper matted onto true thyme cs. I stamped the sleigh onto natural ivory cs using basic black ink and coloured it in with markers. I distressed the edges with direct to paper technique using creamy caramel ink. I matted the sleigh onto cranberry crisp and true thyme cs. Added the stitched grosgrain for the ties. And finished it off with stickles on the bows of the presents in the sleigh.

These were so fun to make and could be done up for bath packets, moisturizer, etc. all sorts of fun little ideas.

2 Comments:

  • At 11:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Wow, those are soooo cute, and such fun!!!!! I can't get the link to pop up, on the "how to", but maybe I can find it at SCS. Thanks for such a darling idea! Have a great day! Ü

    Liz K

     
  • At 10:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I adore these cards with hot choc packets. I love the design and the paper too...great job! Now if only I could do this lol. :0

     

Post a Comment

<< Home