Inkypinky Inks

Create. Dream. Inspire. Love.

Saturday, December 23, 2006

Just wanted....


To wish everyone a very Merry Christmas. We are leaving for the mainland on a ferry this evening so will not have any access to my blog until late next week. So wanted to send my wishes out early. I hope Santa is good to everyone and spoils each of you tonnes. Spend lots of time enjoying the season, family, friends and magic. This is my favorite time of year and I cannot wait to take my little one out to look at all the beautiful lights.

On another note, do you ever get a vision for a card and no matter what you do it just doesn't execute properly?? Well, this little baby was one of those. My brother is dealing with kidney stones so I wanted to make him a get well card. I borrowed the "quick thinking" sentiments and those were a must for me to use. I tried to build the rest of the card around that. I got the idea of using the cup from thanks a latte as a soup bowl and placing it on the scooter from "a wheel thing" and my friend came up with the idea of having one of the chickens from "best of cluck" peeking out of the bowl. I stamped the soup bowl in close to cocoa and cut off the handle and popped it up on dimensionals. I coloured the scooter with markers (artichoke and choc. chip) and stamped it onto natural ivory cs. I originally stamped the chicken in choc. chip but it did not come out well so I used a sakura pen to finish drawing him and just went over the rest of the lines (that was the beginning of the problems...lol. he looks terrible). For the base of the card I used more mustard and then stamped cocoa on canvas for the bg (I stamped off for a softer and more worn look). I added a piece of Basic Grey paper from the fruit cake line. I mounted the main image on artichoke and real red cs. (I distressed the edges of the red cs so it wasn't so vibrant and matched the pp a little better). I paper pierced the edges of the red cs as well. I splattered the main image, distressed the edges with ink and a paper scraper. Stamped the quick thinking sentiment in choc. chip ink and then added some twine .

I can't say I am terribly happy with it but I guess they say simple is sometimes better right?

1 Comments:

  • At 12:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Merry Christmas!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home