Inkypinky Inks

Create. Dream. Inspire. Love.

Thursday, January 25, 2007

Marigold Harmony...



For the limited supplies challenge on Splitcoast. Ever since I seen this set I have been wanting to stamp the flowers in black for some strange reason. This challenge was the perfect opportunity. I stamped the blossoms in versamark onto whisper white cs and covered them in black embossing powder. I stamped them multiple times and did use my stamp positioner and a bit of masking. I matted the flowers onto black cs and also used black cs as my card base. I used the marigold morning cs and used the canvas background stamped in black to add some dimension. For the black canvas I stamped off and then used the walking my fingers technique so the canvas would look patchy and sort of vintage. I stamped my sentiment in basic black on whisper white as well and matted it onto black cs. I clipped all the edges with my ticket corner punch and threaded in some sheer white and blk polka dot ribbon. (Michaels...$1.50 for a spool!!). Overall, I am pretty impressed with how this turned out. The challenge was to only use black and white ink, and embellishments and cs had to be white and black and another colour of your choice.

4 Comments:

  • At 11:37 PM, Blogger Allison Rankin said…

    This is such a unique composition...brillant color composition and layout.

     
  • At 1:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I like the how the black stands out. It really makes the card. TFS. Liann

     
  • At 3:22 PM, Blogger Chris Smith said…

    I've seen this challenge but haven't tried it yet. Yours is gorgeous!

     
  • At 7:05 AM, Blogger DeniseLynn said…

    Oh yea, the flowers are striking in black! I really like this card a lot. Your blog is great ... so glad I stumbled upon it. I appreciate the inspiration!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home