Inkypinky Inks

Create. Dream. Inspire. Love.

Thursday, January 18, 2007

Chocolate plum cake?


I used the Splitcoast colour challenge CC97 (close to cocoa, pale plum and sage shadow). I needed to make a Birthday card for a friend who's Birthday is coming up. I wanted to use my "eat cake" set that I have not had too much time to play with.

I started with a pale plum base and stamped the print pattern in corresponding ink. For the main image I stamped my paisley background stamp in close to cocoa and then stamped the cake image onto it and then onto whisper white cs. I stamped the cake plate in sage shadow and the candles in pale plum and then cut everything out and mounted it onto close to cocoa cs and matted it with pale plum cs. I punched a little hole on each side of the cake plate and weaved through my May Arts ribbon and attached a little tag that reads "eat cake". I layered the main image over ribbon. For the scalloped edge I used my Basic Grey notch and die cutting tool. I cut the card edge about 1/2" smaller and layered the scalloped border so it peeked out. For the finishing touches I stamped the "celebrate" sentiment from my fun phrases set (retired) and just masked the words I didn't want stamped out. I added the "candle flames" by using a glitter pen from sakura (it is soooo glittery IRL). Pretty simple card but I think it turned out kinda cute.


Thanks for stopping in!

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home