Inkypinky Inks

Create. Dream. Inspire. Love.

Saturday, January 27, 2007

Sweet Tea


I first seen one of these "tea cards" at a stampers 10 I attended, and they are so cute, I wanted to make one to send to my Grandma for a quick little Valentines "Hi".
To make this, I started with a 8 1/2 X 3 1/4 piece of cardstock. (I used a brown scrap piece I had laying around, so it is not SU! but a similiar colour to close to cocoa). You score it at 1" and again at 4".

I added a piece of the new "loves me" pp for the background. I stamped the "sweet" in regal rose ink onto whisper white cs and mounted it onto by brown cs, clipped the edges using the ticket corner punch and mounted again onto regal rose cs. I attached some white eyelets using my cropodial, and mounted it over some May Arts ribbon. The "sweet center piece is raised on dimensionals. For the sentiment " For my Valentine" I used my Karen Foster snap stamps (1/8" casual font) and stamped it in choc. chip ink. I took an individually packaged specialty tea, and wrapped it in saran wrap (the little cellophane bags work perfectly but, I did not have any so had to make do...lol. I folded the 1" piece up ensuring that the tea bag was held in there and stapled it to secure it. Tuck the your main piece over like a match book and you are finished!!

Such a sweet little card/gift for someone special.
Thanks for stopping in...




1 Comments:

  • At 11:01 PM, Blogger Krista said…

    love this!!!!! Going to have to lift the concept if you don't mind :)

    Krista ~ N Ok BC and heading to regionals :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home