Inkypinky Inks

Create. Dream. Inspire. Love.

Monday, January 29, 2007

Shadow blossoms...



For the technique challenge on Splitcoast we are making shadow box cards. I have never tried this tech before so thought I would give it a try. I think it was a fun and very cool looking tech. Directions on how to actually make this card is right on the technique challenge post. (very easy to follow and do).

For mine, (on the inside) I used whisper white and stamped "blossoms abound" in perfect plum and pale plum ink. the leaves and stem are in mellow moss and artichoke (stamped off so not too heavy) ink. I sponged the surrounding area around the blossom in creamy caramel ink to add some warmth. For the outside layer I used perfect plum cs stamped in canvas with elegent eggplant ink. I stamped some leaves in mellow moss ink onto the corresponding cs, cut them out and mounted them along the focal point window. Tied some pretty organdy window and then hung a little tag with a jump ring. For the tag I stamped "grateful" from small script in eggplant ink onto whisper white, matted with pale plum.

In the photo you can't really see the depth but, there is a window cut and the card truly is a shadow box.

I used the blossoms abound just for you Tanya!!! LOL....hope you like =)

1 Comments:

  • At 7:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    This is truly beautiful. What size is this card, it looks longer then the others i have seen..love the size...thanks for sharing.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home