Inkypinky Inks

Create. Dream. Inspire. Love.

Saturday, February 10, 2007

Big Blossom...


I finally got a chance to cut up my new rubbah and play with this glorious big blossom...lol. I have been dying to play with this huge flower stamp. I was quite happy with the sell-a-bration sets this year...what did you all think about them? Did ya like them more than last years sets?


For this card, I used the "kissing technique" for the big blossom. Splitcoast has a great, easy tutorial on this technique here. I only used one color for mine though. I inked up the paisley bg stamp in more mustard and then laid my big blossom over top and pressed really hard. Once seperated your blossom should have "picked" up the ink from the bg stamp. I stamped the blossom onto whisper white cs and then cut it out. For the card base I used choc. chip cs and mounted a whisper white panel that I stamped in paisley in cool caribbean ink. I hand stitched the stitched grosgrain ribbon (true thyme) to make it look like a stem. I used the cute converse sentiment stamps for the center of the flower (I used two different stamps and masked the bits I didn't want) stamped in true thyme onto whisper white cs and popped up with dimensionals. I then drew little dashes to look like stitches. I still felt the card needed a little something so I cut a strip of the choc. chip cs and rounded the corner and added a couple of brads. For such a quick and easy card I must say I am quite pleased with the outcome.

2 Comments:

  • At 3:39 PM, Blogger Allison Rankin said…

    This is great...love the kissing and the colors!

     
  • At 11:23 AM, Blogger Kristine said…

    So am I!!...pleased with the outcome :0) I have this big blossom and haven't opened the box yet. Question...does this fit into a regular card envie without petals folding over??

     

Post a Comment

<< Home