Inkypinky Inks

Create. Dream. Inspire. Love.

Sunday, February 11, 2007

Vintage Hula



I borrowed "Do the hula" set from a friend of mine...(I have been contemplating buying this set for a while so figured I would play a little before I commit to buy...lol). I had some scraps of this delicious Basic Grey paper (Hang-10 line) and obviously matches this set so I went with it. I mounted the patterned paper onto always artichoke card base which I stamped in matching ink with the leaf stamp from the set. For the main image I stamped the palm tree and hula girl in basic black and coloured them in with markers (I did have to watercolour a few bits as I don't have many colours in the markers). For the sky and ground I sponged in creamy caramel for the sand and buckaroo blue, cool caribbean, vintage violet and more mustard for the sky. I roughed up the edges using my paper distress from Making Memories. I mounted the main image onto cranberry crisp cs and roughed up those edges as well. I stamped the "happy" sentiment from "happy everything" set in vintage violet ink onto the matching cs. I stamped the hibiscus flower in vintage violet ink and the leaf in always artichoke onto whisper white cs and cut them both out. I raised the flower using a dimesional. I stamped the birthday from "happy everything" in cranberry ink and matted on the same cs. For the last touch I used my mat pack and paper pierced in the top and bottom corner of the card.

I had a lot of fun with this set and already have a few more ideas swimming upstairs.

Thanks for checking out my blog!

4 Comments:

  • At 6:01 AM, Blogger Jana Weaver said…

    I love the vintage look of this card! Really well done!! Guess I'm going to have to pull this set out and start playing with it more.

    Thanks for sharing!

     
  • At 7:10 AM, Blogger DeniseLynn said…

    Cute card! make me want to go somewhere warm (I'm in Michigan ... Brrr ... need I say moe!?) Love your blog and I check it nearly every day. Thanks for the inspiration.

     
  • At 9:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Okay, I want a hula card for my birthday!

     
  • At 7:49 AM, Blogger Ida said…

    Very nice. I have always liked that set too but haven't purchased it. I love what you did with it.
    Ida

     

Post a Comment

<< Home