Inkypinky Inks

Create. Dream. Inspire. Love.

Friday, April 13, 2007

Blossoming Birthday Wishes...



I borrowed this set from a friend and it is such a fun one to play with. This is the "trees three" set from the last Spring mini. I wanted to make a Birthday card for someone special and this was the end product.

I stamped the tree trunks with close to cocoa and then sponged the tops of the trees before I stamped so they would look a little softer at the tops. I stamped the leaves in certainly celery and the blossoms in blush blossom. I sponged a lot of the "empty" space with both celery and blush ink. I sponged at the bottom of the tree with mellow moss ink (for grass) and some bashful blue for the sky (peeking between the trees). I punched the corners using the ticket corner punch, mounted it onto blush blossom cs and added some metal brads. For the card base I used certainly celery cs and stamped the retired "dots and daisies" background stamp in corresponding ink. I took my white gel pen and coloured the "daisies". I added the "wish" sentiment from the retired hostess "small script" set. and a non SU! bookplate. I added some moss gingham ribbon for the finishing touches.

I wanted to capture all the beautiful blossoming trees around right now and this was the perfect set to do it.

Thanks for checking out my blog.

1 Comments:

  • At 10:51 PM, Blogger Kristine said…

    oh, I LOVE that set!! So funny that when you see just black/white images in a catty, sometimes I go blank and just pass it by, but then someone like YOU turns it into a reall piece of art and it's soooo pretty and now I'm kicking myself for not getting it!! :o) It's very lovely!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home