Inkypinky Inks

Create. Dream. Inspire. Love.

Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Birthday Bloom...


I needed to make a very special Birthday card for my niece. She is turning 11!!! (my goodness where does time go??). I wanted to use my new "Big Bloom" set as she is very "girly" and would appreciate it...lol. I decided to make a pocket card so we can include a gift card to the tag. I used the tutorial on Splitcoast by Beate, you can view it here. I started with a cool Caribbean card base. I ran the "texture" wheel (also in cool Caribbean ink) across the fold down flap of the pocket card. I used some bright and funky Basic Grey paper from the Oh Baby! girl line for the front panel of the card. I stamped the big bloom flower in versamark ink and embossed it in crystal clear embossing powder on pixie pink cs and cut it out. Then I stamped the center part of the flower onto summer sun cs in versamark ink and embossed again. Cut that out and mount it onto the pixie pink. I cut a gable green circle out of cs, stamped it with "seeing spots" in gable green ink and then used my glue pen and adhered dazzling diamonds to it for some "bling". Let's face it...all girls love bling! LOL. I tied some stitched vintage violet grosgrain ribbon onto the flap and secured it down. I stamped the birthday sentiment with the "happy everything" set. For the tag I used gable green cs and used some more Basic Grey pp. I punched a circle from gable green scraps, cut it in half and attatched that over the pp. I used my horizontal slot punch and added some teal grosgrain ribbon. I stamped the birthday sentiment from the "it's your Birthday" set and added some flowers (also from the big bloom set) in gable green ink. A nice bright cheery card!!

Thanks for checking out my blog!

1 Comments:

  • At 7:12 AM, Blogger DeniseLynn said…

    Hi Jen! Very pretty card. I do check in each day and am impress with each creative piece you post - thanks for the inspiration (even if I don't comment often I'm still reading along, you've got a nice blog!).

     

Post a Comment

<< Home