Inkypinky Inks

Create. Dream. Inspire. Love.

Thursday, November 11, 2010

Hot cocoa box...

While out blog surfing I stubled across this super cute mini gift box template by Inge at her blog Patterned paper. This was perfect timing because last month when I was in the States at Costco I purchased a whole whack of "land O lakes hot cocoa" boxes for an insane price. I knew I wanted to find a cute little box template or something for them to give them as gifts! Thanks so very much Inge, your design is adorable!


I decided to used my digital Lily with polar bear image from Pink cat studio. Up until the last month or two, I had never used digital stamps. Now that I have tried them, I LOVE them! They are very easy to use and a lot of fun. There are a lot of benefits to using digital stamps (not that I would ever give up my un-mounted or wood mounted or anything like that!) you get a perfect image everytime, take up no space, you can still paper piece with them and they are cheaper to purchase! Lot's of positives that's for sure. Anyhoo, back to the project! There is dazzling diamonds in Lily's liquid applique fur trim, pearl centers in the felt poinsettas and lot's of stitching.

Here is a shot of the back. I chose the "Arctic white" cocoa to match the Arctic polar bear Lily is riding ((grin)).



Supplies: Stamps: digital lily rides a polar bear (pink cat studio, friendship sentiment (it's snow time, SU!). CS: blue bayou (SU!), neenah solar crest, PP: My Mind's Eye. Access: Copic markers, Spellbinders nestabilities, liquid applique (Marvy Uchida), felt, paper poinsettas (Hero Arts), dazzling diamonds, red ribbon (SU!), plaid ribbon (May Arts), twine (dollar store), tag (Michaels), button (MM), mmmmm cocoa sticker (October afternoon), cocoa packet.



Thanks for checking out my latest and happy Remembrance Day...don't forget tp take a moment to honor and remember all the soldiers that have given their lives for our freedom, and think of the soldiers out there still doing so!




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home