Inkypinky Inks

Create. Dream. Inspire. Love.

Monday, December 03, 2007

Peaceful Wishes gift set...


This is a little gift set I made to send to one of my Grandma's for Christmas. The mini frame was purchased from Michaels for $1.50 (it's just plain wood), a 12 piece nugget box and a matching card. I covered the frome using Basic Grey's fruitcake line, modge podge, Basic Grey's distress file set and then some cute stickers (I popped up on dimensionals) by Melissa Francis (they are vintage looking and matched the frame perfectly. I pasted another coat of modge podge over the paper to protect it. and then added some gorgeous ribbon from May Arts, added a picture of my daughter and Santa and she was all done! (The only thing I would have liked to have added to the frame would have been either a stamp or rub on saying "Believe" along the top of the frame?!).
The nugget box was super easy! I found a thread on Splitcoast where Chris (cdjkssss) has been so generous as to share her instructions for nugget boxes in every size you could possibly want. Check it out here. Thanks so much Chris! Anywhoo, I alternated different patterned papers for the wrappers on the nuggets, I made the lid out of acetate so you could see how beautiful the chocolates look in their covers. ( There was actually a challenge for clear lidded nugget boxes on Splitcoast last week I think, what a great idea!). I added some gold cord, a punched circle of matching patterned paper, a Christmas bulb I cut out of co-ordinating paper, tied gold ribbon and popped it up on dimensionals.
For the card, I stamped "Peaceful wishes" onto natural ivory cs, taking care to repeatedly stamp the branch (always artichoke ink) before re-inking to give some faded images. I added the mistletoe (?) in close to cocoa ink and then used ruby red marker for the berries and covered them with crystal effects. I stamped the sentiment in versamark and heat embossed it in gold. Stamped the pine cones in chocolate chip, cut out, popped up onto dimensionals and then covered with crystal effects as well. I still found the main image a little "cold" looking so sponged so saffron ink all over the main image and it gave the effect I was hoping for.
Card recipe: Stamps: Peaceful wishes, tres chic bg. CS: old olive, natural ivory cs, cranberry crisp, Basic grey patterned paper (fruitcake and dasher). Inks: always artichoke, old olive, close to cocoa, versamark, ruby red marker, so saffron (sponged on). Access: sponge, crystal effects, dimensionals, brads (making memories), shoe lace brad (Karen Foster), gold cord, ticket corner punch.
Thanks for checking out my latest creations and suffering through such a long post...lol.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home