Inkypinky Inks

Create. Dream. Inspire. Love.

Thursday, November 01, 2007

Lighthouse celebration



I whipped this up for the sketch challenge on Splitcoast yesterday. I needed to make a Birthday card for my Grandma, and the sketch challenge totally inspired me, so it worked out great. I knew I wanted to use the "coast to coast" set as my Grandma loves the ocean and lighthouses as well. I don't think you can see it in the photo but, the main image is stamped in staz on onto watercolour paper, watercoloured with a paintbrush and then I stamped the weathered bg over the main image in creamy caramel (stamped off once), then, I turned the main image once and stamped again, so that the weathered bg really "filled" up the negative space. I sponged the edges in basic grey ink. The real red panel has also been sponged in the grey ink to tone down the colour slightly. For the sky and bayou panels, I stamped them in craft white using the flannel plaid bg, added an eyelet, tied on some May Arts ribbon, added a sentiment and "voila" all done!

Stamps: Coast to coast, weathered bg, flannel plaid bg, wonderful words. CS: basic grey, real red, blue bayou, soft sky and watercolour paper. Inks: Black staz on, basic grey, soft sky, blue bayou, so saffron, real red, creamy caramel, white. Access: paintbrush, sponge, eyelet, crop o dial, May Arts ribbon.

2 Comments:

  • At 11:22 AM, Blogger Heather Grow said…

    Beautiful card. I love beach scenes and lighthouses.

     
  • At 11:36 AM, Blogger Pegg S said…

    This is beautiful - your Grandmother must be so impressed with your talent!! That is a great tip you showed about turning the BG stamp. I will have to try it. Thank you!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home