Inkypinky Inks

Create. Dream. Inspire. Love.

Friday, August 31, 2007

Halloween in the forest...


Lol, what a scene this is!! For the limited supplies challenge we had 3 challenges and we could combine them all into one card if we wanted to. That is what I did.
For the first challenge we had to make a Halloween or autumn harvest scene using 3 or more stamps.
For the second challenge we had to make a Halloween or autumn harvest card using an animal stamp not meant to be used for this theme.
For the third challenge we had to make a Halloween or autumn harvest Tent Topper Card. In addition to this we had to control our own limitations, for example I cut down on layers, and I didn't use any ribbon.
I do believe I have all 3 of those challenges covered. I must admit, this really was a challenge for me, but in the end I am quite happy with the end result. I used emboss resist for the trees and sky and sponged always artichoke ink for the grass. The squirrel is supposed to be dressed up as a princess (I added 3 Heidi Swapp jewels to her crown, and stickle on her dress), her little sister is supposed to be a black cat (I added whiskers and ears) and of course the beaver is dressed as a ghost.
Stamps: Lovely as a tree, hip hip hooray, unfrogettable (crown) and best fiends (bat). INKS: basic black, versamark, night of navy, always artichoke, markers: pretty in pink, perfect plum, barely banana, mellow moss and apricot appeal. CS: basic black, old olive, pumkin pie, glossy white, whisper white, night of navy and vellum. Access: cuttlebug, emboss folder, mega circle punch, circle punch, prismacolour pencils, gamsol, stump, stickles, jewels (Heidi Swapp), black emboss powder, brayer and sponge.
Thanks for stopping in, Have a great weekend!!

2 Comments:

  • At 7:30 PM, Blogger Heather Grow said…

    Cute card. I love how you interpreted the challenge. Your little ghost is funny. It made me smile.

     
  • At 7:05 PM, Blogger Meli Palmer said…

    LOL! I NEVER would have thought to use that set in such a way. MARVELOUS!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home