Inkypinky Inks

Create. Dream. Inspire. Love.

Saturday, February 28, 2009

Copics, Tilda, and loads of fun...



I am a baaaad blogger! Lol, sorry as usual life gets in the way of all my fun! I had my daughter's appt at Children's hospital, work, and the wait for my Copic markers to show up....ahhhhh! the humanity! bwahahahahahahaha!
Okay, seriously...my daughter has a birthday party to attend this Sunday and the little guy loves trucks. I busted out my Lizzie Anne Designs loads of fun truck (the one I HAD to have but it has never seen ink until today :o ) and went to work using Taylor's cupcake challenge. I stamped it onto Staples brand white cs with Brilliance ink, used my nesties to cut it up and coloured with my new Copics.

I used some patterned paper scraps I had laying about to tie in the colours and the Birthday theme and then added some "screw" brads as per the sketch and added some ribbon to finish off my design. The dump truck scallop panel is up on dimensionals.


So I finally jumped on the Copic bandwagon. I insisted that I didn't need these markers but after finally drooling and lusting after them secretly I have finally taken the plunge. I read up, and read up, and studied as much as I could about them, how to get a general feel for them, etc.
There are so many sources of information on these markers and I am going to share my favorites: the Copic chatter thread on Splitcoast has some amazing information on it, links, etc and everyone is soooo nice and very helpful. Marianne the Copic queen has a blog and I would strongly suggest starting at her first posts and working your way to the current...she is such a fountain of information and a wonderful teacher. Lauren Meader (aka mytime) has a great tutorial on her blog. Jenn from Kiyomikrafts has another great tutorial on her colouring style and her work is incredible! Here is one more from the MFT forum . These are just a few of my favorites.
I coloured this adorable Tilda last night and was actually quite proud of what I had done...lol. I thought I would share it here.

Stamps: Loads of fun (Lizzie Anne designs). CS: kraft, riding hood red, staples brand white, patterned paper: numbers from Basic Grey (cupcake line), polka dots from 3 bugs. Ink: Brilliance black. Access: Copics, dimensionals, classic and scallop nesties, cuttlebug, "screw" brads, red grosgrain ribbon and yo yo yellow grosgrain ribbon.

Thanks for stopping in!







1 Comments:

  • At 4:00 PM, Blogger Mel H. said…

    Fantastic job on coloring your Tilda. Wow!!!!

    Mel H.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home