Inkypinky Inks

Create. Dream. Inspire. Love.

Saturday, May 10, 2008

For Father designs...





Whew! It's been a few days since I last posted. You know the ole' saying...."life get's in the way of our having fun". Sadly a very true saying. Anyways, I have 3 different cards to share today that all feature the same image. I am working on my Father's Day cards (to sell) and need to get my butt in gear....lol. I received these images in the PIF forum on Splitcoast. All 3 have been coloured using my prisma's, gamsol and stumps.

The first card, I used Amy R's sketch challenge from her blog, check it out here if you would like to play along too. While digging through my scraps I came across this paper from the last catalogue (winter bright, I think?? It's actually Christmas paper, but thought these stripes matched up very well). For all 3 cards, I used kraft as the card bases, the first 2 cards use the same patterned papers and cs. I stamped the card base with canvas bg in cocoa ink. Layered on my cs panels after distressing them with the paper distresser tool and
distress ink. Curled the edges up to give a really worn look. I added a photo turn and brad, my
sentiment (from warmest regards-retired), and a scrap of twill tape.

For the second design I distressed all the paper's the same way (but left my kraft base unstamped and just distressed the edges with ink). For the bashful blue panel I stamped the cheesecloth bg (retired) on it. I added some "screw" brads (found at a local dollar store!!). For the twill ribbon, I patted my distress pad directly onto the ribbon and then sprayed it with water so the colour would bleed, giving it a very old look. The sentiment is from Hero Arts.

For the third card, I followed Beate's weekend
sketch challenge. You can find her sketch here if
you would also like to take part in it. For her
sketch the main image was shown as an oval

shape but, I do not have anything to cut ovals so, I went with a square panel instead. I kept her sketch very clean and simple. I kept trying to add ribbon somewhere in this design but it was just not working so after I had it all done and was about to photograph it, I thought "aha! buttons!! and I do think the buttons finished off the design perfectly, while still keeping that fresh clean feel. The patterned paper is scraps from Chatterbox and the yellow is the reverse side of the stripes. The sentiment is from the retired cute converse set.
I hope you all enjoyed my 3 takes using the same image.

Supplies:
card 1: Stamps: For Father, canvas bg, warmest regards (retired). CS: kraft, bashful blue, old olive, white, Winterbright pp . INK: blk staz on, chocolate chip, close to cocoa. ACCESS: measuring tape twill ribbon, hodgepodge hardware, paper distresser, distress ink, prisma colour pencils, gamsol, stumps and 2" circle punch.

Card 2: Stamps: For Father, cheesecloth bg, sentiment (Hero arts). CS: Kraft, bashful blue, old olive, white, winter bright pp. INK: blk staz on, chocolate chip, close to cocoa. ACCESS: paper distresser, distress ink, sponge, "screw" brads, measuring tape twill, prisma colour pencils, gamsol and stumps.

Card 3: Stamps: For Father, cute converse. CS: kraft, real red, white, Chatterbox pp. INK: blk staz on, chocolate chip. ACCESS: earth elements and neutrals buttons, glue dots, prisma colour pencils, gamsol and stumps, distress ink, sponge.

I hope everyone has a great weekend and....
Happy Mother's Day to all of you MOM's out there....

2 Comments:

  • At 1:22 PM, Blogger Denise Marzec said…

    I saw these in your gallery....they're awesome! Your coloring and paper choices are just perfect!

     
  • At 6:21 AM, Blogger Sandy said…

    Your coloring is fantastic. Also you did a great job proving that one image can have many different "looks".

     

Post a Comment

<< Home