Inkypinky Inks

Create. Dream. Inspire. Love.

Friday, September 07, 2007

Sympathy blossoms...



First off...I need to vent about my camera... I HATE it!!! I don't know what is with it but, the pictures seem to be getting worse and worse. With every project I make I seem to spend more time trying to get a descent photo of it. I swear, I can take 3 shots and not move or change a thing and all 3 shots come out totally different...how is that even possible? It goes through batteries faster than I have ever seen humanly possible. Seriously, I can take 4-8 photo's and the battery is done! I would say, it is time for me to invest in a new camera, and the thing that really angers me the most is the fact that the camera is not that old! So, if you have any good suggestions for a nice new camera, please post and tell me about them, the brand and why you like them...thanks!

Now, onto the real post! For the limited supplies challenge we were to make a sympathy card. The main image had to be a flower, only 1 background and 1 sentiment was allowed, no designer paper or cuttlebug and light embellishments. I have discovered that I need more flower stamps. Because I have almost no selection, I pulled out blossoms abound again and set to work. I stamped right onto kraft cs for the main image, embossed the over layer in white, sponged around it very lightly for some dimension. I used a sheet of transparency over the main image and stamped my sentiment onto it using staz on ink. The rest of the card is pretty self explanatory. I went nice and simple on this as, it is a sympathy card and I wanted nice clean lines and a fresh look.

Stamps: Blossoms abound, cheesecloth bg, warmest regards. CS: buckaroo blue, whisper white, bashful blue and kraft. Ink: mellow moss, buckaroo blue, white craft, versamark, staz on. Access: brads. grosgrain ribbon, transparency, white emboss powder, heat gun

Ciao!

2 Comments:

  • At 4:17 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    I have an Olympus, can't remember what type off the top of my head, but it's got a 10x optical zoom which is awesome. I drool over the Kodak Rebel but I'll just have to keep drooling. That camera is certainly not in the budget! lol.

    Thanks for sharing all the great cards. Good luck on the camera shopping!
    Darcy

     
  • At 4:25 AM, Blogger Debby Winters said…

    I so understand your frustrations! I have gone through 3 cameras and now just used the one in my cell phone! I find if I edit in Photoshop Elements that I can fix what the camera doesn't get right!
    Your cards are just beautiful by the way.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home