Inkypinky Inks

Create. Dream. Inspire. Love.

Monday, August 06, 2007

Wild Birthday wishes...



My Nephew's 4th Birthday is coming up this month and I wanted to make him a fun card. I used Julia's sketch from the dare to get dirty challenge and also Jen Balcer's colourful challenge. There are stickles sparodically added on the base layer of the card, and I punched the dots out on the giraffe and layered a taken with teal panel behind so his dot's show up teal. I added a googly eye to the elephant for fun and popped his ear up on dimensionals. couple of party hats and we are in party mode...lol.

Stamps: Wild about you, hip hip hooray. Inks: old olive, pumpkin pie, taken with teal, so saffron and basic black. CS: pumpkin pie, old olive, taken with teal, so saffron, whisper white and basic black. Access: stickles, googly eye, dimensional, clear button, hemp twine and stamp a ma jig.

I don't use lots of bright colours so it is always a challenge for me. Kids Birthday cards should be bright and cheerful I think! This one has a little bling too!

Thanks so much for checking out my creations.

3 Comments:

  • At 8:53 PM, Blogger Heather Grow said…

    Fun card. Love the googlie eye.

     
  • At 10:08 PM, Blogger Ila said…

    So Cute!! love the colors and all the dimension...absolutely bright and cheerful!

     
  • At 6:29 AM, Blogger Meli Palmer said…

    Adorable card, just perfect for a little guy's birthday. I love playing around with "little pieces" like the birthday hats....so cute!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home