Inkypinky Inks

Create. Dream. Inspire. Love.

Friday, August 03, 2007

Sweet sketch...


Another creation for the dare to get dirty challenges. This one is based on a sketch by Beate. I picked up this adorable stamp last time I was in Vancouver, and I just love it. I coloured it using my prisma pencils, gamsol and a stump. I also distressed the edges of the main image with distress ink and splattered it with the colour spritzer tool.

Stamps: Sweet delights (Stampendous), Karen foster snap stamps 1/8", print pattern. Inks: Basic black, choc chip. CS: Choc chip, barely banana, very vanilla, Chatterbox patterned paper. Access: Prisma penciles, gamsol, stump, colour spritzer tool, choc chip marker, distress ink (Tim Holtz-walnut stain), circle punch, grosgrain ribbon, dimensionals.


Here are a few more cards I made using the same stamp sets and colours. For this one I used a cuttlebug embossing folder for the main background and paired it up with a black base. I love how decadent and rich these colours are together. I used the horizontal slot punch to add some designer ribbon I had laying around and moved the sentiment to the right hand upper corner. The sentiment is also from Stampendous and is part of the "grateful wood set".













For the third card, I again used an embossing folder, but I used close to cocoa and black together. I used the ticket corner punch to jazz up the corners and again used the horizontal slot punch to tie in the ribbon. For the sentiment I popped it up onto dimensionals and stuck it onto the corner of the main image mirroring the sketch challenge.

For the last card I was inspired by the cinched ribbon corners that I happened to see on another person's creations but for the life of me cannot remember who or where I saw it. Very cool I thought. The sentiment with the scalloped edge I picked up from texasjodylynn! Her work is so amazing and I find so inspiring. If you haven't checked out her blog before....check it out here. So for this card I used the ribbon corners, horizontal slot punch, a sentiment circle with scalloped edge (to do this you simply attach punched circles so only part of them is showing), I also added a matt of barely banana to sort of brighten the card a little. The sentiment is from the retired "like it a latte" set! I hope you enjoyed my "sweets" cards and they weren't too much the same for ya'all. Have a happy, stamp filled day! Ciao!!




2 Comments:

  • At 12:50 PM, Blogger Ila said…

    Fabulous every one of them..fabulous. I love the different take on each one of them. I commented on SC as well...

     
  • At 1:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Mmmmmmm...these are all just fantastic...the brown is so rich and delicious looking!!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home