Inkypinky Inks

Create. Dream. Inspire. Love.

Tuesday, May 22, 2007

loss of a child sympathy card...



This was my biggest challenge to date. Making a sympathy card is hard enough but when it is for the loss of a child I think it is that much harder. I was asked by a friend to make her a card with this subject and after a whole day of racking my brain this is what I came up with. I found the poem online and as soon as I read it I knew it was perfect.

Stamps: Summer by the sea, canvas bg, warmest regards (inside card). Inks: Basic black, buckaroo blue, so saffron, creamy caramel (with blender pens for watercolouring). CS: kraft, buckaroo blue, natural ivory. Accessories: linen thread, distresser, blender pens.

Poem reads:

"You'll see me in the morning frost, that mists your window pane.

That's me in the summer showers, I'll be dancing in the rain.

When you feel a little breeze, from a gentle wind that blows. That's me, I'll be there, planting a kiss upon your nose.

When you see a child playing, and your heart feels a little tug, that's me, I'll be there

giving your heart a hug.

So Daddy, please don't look so sad, Momma don't you cry.

I'm in the arms of Jesus and he sings me lullabies". ~unknown

Thanks for stopping in!!

4 Comments:

  • At 8:05 AM, Blogger YouInkIt said…

    Wow - that is a tough situation. I think your card is beautiful and perfectly suited. Well done!

     
  • At 11:28 AM, Blogger stampinmamaw said…

    I love this card. Having been the mommy who has lost both a child and a baby, I can tell you it is perfect. Showing the active child speaks volumes to the mamma who can only think of accidents, hospitals, and yes, funerals -- it is breathing life back into her. I would love to re-create this card for a boy or girl and then one for a baby. Thanks for the inspiration. stampinmamaw

     
  • At 6:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    thank you for this beautiful card as i have lost 3 and wish these poems would have been there to comfort my husband and I

     
  • At 9:55 AM, Blogger Janet N. said…

    Thanks so much for posting this, it is very touching and beautiful 💕

     

Post a Comment

<< Home